Q. I need help in creating a bar chart for my PowerPoint.
- In PowerPoint, click on the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top.
- In the Illustrations section, click on Chart.
- Use the menu on the left in the Insert Chart box to select Bar.
- Use the menu at the top of the Insert Chart box to select which type of bar chart you would like to use.
- Click OK.
- A pop-up box that looks like Excel will appear.
- Update the information in the spreadsheet to match what you need to include in the chart.
- Pro tip #1: If you need more series, right click on the letter at the top of the last column in the spreadsheet and select Insert. If you need less series, select Delete instead of Insert.
- Pro tip #2: If you need more categories (Y-axis), right click on the number at the far left of the last row in the spreadsheet and select Insert. If you need less series, select Delete instead of Insert.
- To change the colors, click on the Chart, then from the ribbon at the top under Chart Tools, click on Design.
- To the left of the Chart Tools - Design bar is an option to Change Colors.
- Pro tip #3: If you want more color options, click on Design on the regular ribbon. Then the down arrow just to the left of Slide Size and select Colors from there. Choose a different color combination, then go back to Chart Tools - Design to pick something based on the new theme colors.
Was this helpful? 0 0